Bringing my legal representative ex to court on contempt charges can i bring up his severe drug addiction?

My ex husband is a lawyer and a severe opiate addict. My legal representative refused to bring it up during the divorce. Now we are going to court for contempt charges against him for non payment of alimony for the third time. I am acting as my own attorney. Can I bring up his severe drug addiction, it relates to his nonpayment and I have proof. I'm really hoping the judge will force him to achieve help as he is beyond helping himself.
If the drug addiction is resulting in the lack of payments afterwards you can bring this up.
If he have any visitation rights, I would certainly bring up the addiction as you nee dto protect a child if there is a child. If it is solitary alimony, then I don't see that it is relevant. If you tell teh court that he have an addiction problem, judge may take motion, but it may mean that he can't practice law and he could be disbarred, characterization no more money.

However, if he has a severe drug addiction, he is likely to be charged beside malpractice before long. You could report him to the Supreme Court ethics committee as to him have an addiction, and to provide the information to prove it and try to get him help that channel. He could be disbarred either temporarily or permanently.

Might be better to walk and try to get your money or to take property you can go for money.
The Judge can't force him to get serve; addiction of itself is not unlawful.

His addiction is also irrelevant to the issues before the court. He has substandard to pay. It makes no difference to the court whether he fail to pay because he can't be bothered, or because he's lost his chequebook or because he's spending it on drugs/hookers/fast cars.

However, if he advances an 'excuse' for non return which you know to be true, you can bring up the real reason. Such a weapon should be sued beside care, judges aversion pointless mud-slinging in these cases. Source(s): I'm a lawyer
I was able to find aid from an attorney on

Related Questions: